The new Law approved on September 27th 2013 by the Spanish government aims to attract foreign investment to Spain, allowing the granting of visas and residence permits for non-EU citizens who invest more that 500,000 euros in real estate assets: The Golden Visa.
- Investing 500,000 euros or more in the real estate market in Spain (tax-free).
- Investing in multiple properties or joint ownership is allowed.
- All types of property are allowed (residential, touristic, commercial or industrial).
- The funds must come from a transparent source in accordance with the current legislation.
Golden visa Requirements:
- Not having entered illegally or remained illegally in Spain, and not having been denied an entry in any of the EU countries.
- Being a non-EU citizen.
- Must be legal of age (18 years old or more).
- No criminal records in Spain.
- Must have a valid public or private medical insurance in Spain.
- Proof of sufficient financial resources to support the applicant and his/her family during the residency in Spain.
The Golden Visa grants you the following rights:
- Apply for the Spanish residency for all your family members.
- Travel freely in all EU countries (for a maximum period of 90 days every 180 days).
- Does not require a minimum period of stay in Spain.
- Visit Spain at least once during the validity of the visa.
- Rent freely the acquired properties.
- Have a tax residency outside of Spain.
Renewal of the Golden Visa:
- The visa initial duration is for 1 year.
- The visa can be renewed for 2 years if the investment is maintained.
- The maximum duration of the residency permit is 5 years. After this period, investors can apply for permanent residency in Spain.
For international investors, we collaborate with local law firms specialized in obtaining the Golden Visa, the NIE (Foreign Identity Number) and for the creation of a Spanish company for foreigners.